Sunday, January 4, 2009

Heavyweight Punchcounts Blog

I'm a fight fan. More specifically, I'm a hardcore fan of heavyweight boxing. Lately, this has meant delving into the past to find interesting, exciting and meaningful fights because the current fighters and fights offered are extremely disappointing. I've had to adapt.

What makes a fight a "good" fight? What makes fighters "good" fighters or even "great" fighters? There are many things to consider, but the simplest and most significant measure, in my opinion, is landed punches. Are you hitting your opponent? Did you hit him more than he hit you? This is what I have concerned myself with. And, through countless hours of fight viewing on DVD, VHS and youtube, I have compiled my results. For my own knowledge, and for any interested fight fans. I have no bias, no "house" fighter to pump up the stats for (ahem....HBO's Compubox), no reason to count anything other than a visible, clean, landed punch. The results may surprise you. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment